CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

More 1950 ATC's for inspiration!

Just finished my other two cards as promised. I had to re-do one of them because I decided to try this new technique which was not successful...lol but in the process I found that Dimensional Magic mixes really well with LuminArte Pigment Powders to make up a great paste to use as a nice shimmery paint. Might try this on another ATC sometime.

I decided to try my hand at a 'landscape ATC' this shape doesn't seem that popular but wanted to give it a go, I'm really pleased with it. I stamped the background with black stazon on glossy card, did not colour this, edged the card with a red slick writer pen. Cut out images from 4 different pics found on the internet, resized them and printed on photo paper. I'm getting it down to a fine art resizing the proportions on Photoshop Elements now. I also popped up the 2 main images because they seemed to get a bit lost in the background. The background is suppose to represent a black & white tiled floor.


My second card a bit more basic, printed background and 3 other images, all on photo paper. This was my girl I started out with:


I added a retro backround to funk it up - end result:



Now, off to make a start on my fairytale swap cards for our forum swap! Absolutely no idea what I'm going to do yet...lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Lisa seriously cool !!! I love the lady on the car with the retro background and the tiled floor effect looks great

Hmmmmm the dimensional magic technique sounds like fun, might have to keep that in mind sometime

:)

Sonya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonya said...

Whoops, had a bit of trouble with my comment! Just wanted to say that I love your ATC's Lisa. Love the retro theme, You have such neat ideas!