Monday, August 31, 2009

A Winner for Dare #10

Hi everyone,

Have just drawn the winner for the ATC Dare #10!

Here is the list of names and assigned numbers:

Sue #4

Lilli #1

Barbara #3

Dana #2

Karen #5

OK, here is the random generator draw:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:


Timestamp: 2009-08-31 23:10:11 UTC

So this makes our winner this month SUE!!! congrats Sue, thanks for playing, will be posting the next dare a little later its a goodie so keep watch.

Here is Sue's take on the 'Metals' Dare:

and here is the prize, some metals, chipboard and two awesome sheets by Lisa's Altered Art.

Thanks, Lisa

Thursday, August 6, 2009

ATC Dare # 10 - Get Crazy with Metals

Hello everyone, we have a great dare in store for you all this month, metals, metals and more metals! Come on get crazy and show us how creative you can be with various types of metals, trinkets, charms, foils, metal embellishments and more....

Ok, here's the thing...You have to use some types of metals or 'metal look' on your ATC for around 80% of your card. For the other 20% you can use whatever products you like i.e papers, pictures, embellishments etc

Myself and the girls have come up with some ideas to help inspire you and show you an example, here they are:

(I'm pretty sure we have all used alcohol inks for colouring too)

Nickie's take:
Nickie has used chipboard, inks, embossed impressions, mirror embellishment and vintage pictures to add gorgeous charm and a beautiful soft array of colours.

My Take:
Using some old metal rim embellishments, I've covered with paper, added charms from Artgirlz and used metal on the back which I've embossed on the cuttlebug and coloured with alcohol ink. Also used were bronze metallic rub ons.

Lianne's take:
Lianne has embossed her background on the cuttlebug, coloured I presume with alcohol inks, wired a little metal fence, and hand made metal flowers using punches for a fabulous effect.

The colours are just stunning in this one.

Ok, so hope they give you a head start of inspiration.

Please upload your completed ATC to the Art Room under the folder ATC Dares # 10 by Friday 4th September 09 to be in the draw for a cool prize. You can also follow the threads in the Forum HERE plus check out out forum ATC swaps while your there!

Can't wait to see all your creations