CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

ATC Dare #2 - 1950's/Retro

Here we go, we are up to Dare #2 already! Are you up to it? We are going to go back in time to the Nifty Fifties!


This was the era for retro kitchens, the perfect housewife, the hula hoop was invented, rock & roll, enamelware, jukeboxes, pedal cars & tricycles, Elvis Presley, vinyl records, black & white TV consoles, I Love Lucy TV show, Marilyn Monroe starred in 'Some Like it Hot', Don McLean's 'American Pie', movies like Disney's Cinderella & Alice in Wonderland came out, these were the good ole days!

This era leaves so much open to the imagination for your ATC's, the only hard part is 'Where to start?' Kryshina and I have a couple to get you going which are fairly basic. I am working on a couple more which I will post later on tonight once they are finished.

You must have your ATC's up in the Artroom Gallery by Wednesday night 15th October.

Here's Kryshina's:

Printed background and photo both found on the internet with dimensional magic and beads on the back, also dymo label maker.


Here is one of my attempts, pretty basic but the hardest part about this is finding all the images etc, I have used black glossy card as my background and stamped with lavender stazon ink using some retro circles clear stamps to represent bubbles.


Will post my other two a little later. Good luck and get searching!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Lisa.
I should just be able to look in my wardrobe for inspiration. I was around for the first time when it wasn't known as RETRO !

Lainie said...

Love what you've done. Can't wait to see the rest.

Anonymous said...

Retro !?! 1950's heck my dad was only born in '52 I wasnt even a twinkle LOL Will take some serious net surfing I am thinking LOL

Great challenge tho :)

Roo said...

Righto off to raid my stash of magazines - lucky I am such a horder lol

lianne said...

Those are stunning Lisa and Krysh, and I love the technique in the previous post.

Natalie said...

Please can you tell me how to print of pictures from the internet. When I do print them they are all faded and not bright! And do you print them on card or photo paper

inspired2create said...

Hmmm, well guess you do have to be careful about the copyright issues but there is so much out there. My first idea for this was 1950's swimsuits but it limited it so much so I just decided on the whole 1950's era which leaves it wide open. It can be really 1950's style or new age retro replica's anything to do with it. Yes I printed my on photo paper to get better colour. You can use satin paper if you don't want it too shiny. Thanks Lisa