CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our Latest ATC Swap is On - Fairy Tales

Hi everybody, incase you haven't been over to our forum, we have an ATC swap up on the board now. The thread is available for you to post your name if you want to join in. Our last swap we had 15 which was great. If the numbers start to get too long we may revise our idea of how many sets we make etc so we don't have to committ to too many.

The theme has been set by Lianne Gray this month and she has chosen the theme of 'Fairy Tales' this should be a fun theme and has so many angles and possibilities. I'm going to enjoy dreaming up a design for this one. To join in, you must be a member of the forum, simply log in and post your name in the thread. Further details will be advised.

Here is the link to the thread so sign up now!

If you have been over to our Art Room you will see I finally got around to loading up my first ATC's. I have just finished my 15 cards for our Bird Swap, so once they have been sent out I'll post mine here. Great to see some other ATC's getting loaded up too, fantastic!

Here are my two last swaps, themes of Hearts and Butterflies:



The first one called 'Hearts of Love' was using a the cuttlebug to emboss tin foil, then I simply inked over the embossed image with Stazon black ink, a really effective backround.

On the 2nd one 'Fly Butterfly Fly' I have used a simple tecnique that I love and use alot using dye inks and a stipple brush. You stamp your image then stipple over the top using a couple of different colours in different areas to colour the backround. This dries instantly and a great way to add colour to a stamp in an easy way. This technique is also used when masking and stamping. The wings were a butterfly stamp I stamped with Stazon onto a transparency then cut out. The little girl is also popped up on the backround using foam dots.

Thats it for now, remember to pop back over on Friday night to check out the 1st dare. I have an idea sorted, kinda off the wall for me, something out of my comfort zone but should be a fun challenge and interesting for all. Not sure what I'm going to come up with for an example yet but stay tuned!

1 comments:

Sonya said...

Oh you are so clever I love your ATC's!.That embossed tinfoil looks great,what a clever idea, thank you for shareing.