CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

ATC Dare # 1 - Send In The Clowns!

Welcome to our very 1st Dare! I do hope you find the time to join in.

This fortnight I decided randomly on the theme of Clowns. Why I don't know, I just happened to see the word somewhere on the internet and thought it could be interesting. There are so many different angles you could take on this dare and I think it will be fun to see what people can come up with. Everybody's perception on things can be so different, so come on, give it a go.

Here are some examples which could spark an idea: Scary Clowns, Circus Clowns, Evil Clowns, Clown Dress-ups, Class Clowns, Joker Clowns, Famous Clowns, French Clowns and Magic Clowns. On this dare, you can do anything you like and whatever tecniques you like so it leaves it wide open.

So come on, give it a go. You will need to upload an image of your ATC ( I save mine around 400 pixels in height) to our folder in the Art Room by Wednesday 1st October. We will then draw a winner on Thursday and post before the next dare is set. We are also going to have a Contributors Pick of the Fortnight. The winning ATC and Contributors Pick will both be posted on the ATC Dares Blog. All other entries will be viewed in the Art Room or occasionally I might post a slideshow with all the entries.

You must sign up to become a member of the Art Room if you haven't already. Uploading a picture is easy and there will be a folder set up each fortnight with each dare under ATC DARES so when you upload simply post it in the right folder.

To sign up now click HERE

If you scroll right down the bottom under the MAIN window you will see the different ATC folders. Any queries do feel free to email me (Lisa) at inspired2scrap@hotmail.com

The winner of this dare will receive a little bag of ATC goodies :)

I did a take on this, my result was very far away from my original idea. Not really the clown I had in mind...lol, anyhow I am going to make some more of a different type of clown which will be available for a trade. I will post these next week.

Here it is......'Clowning Around' - Background coloured with Radiant Rain Shimmer Mist, edged with paint dabber, painted with bubble wrap. Also included a cut-out transparency, computer journaling, epoxy bubble, printed picture, stars & gems.



TIP OF THE WEEK: The background for this ATC was not my first attempt! First of all I covered the background with Tim Holtz  Distress Embossing Powder. The texture is quite different and when it melts it doesn't seem to change that much, it ends up with a rough texture not unlike sandpaper. Anyhow I discovered that it does not paint or ink over that well. I stamped over the background plus bubble wrapped paint and neither stuck to it, I ended up with a very faded out image. But the upside is that the Distress Powder is a very cool effect if you want that rough type of texture. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited you have started this site.
Love your gorgeous work and the dare - thanks

Anonymous said...

thanks Lynette, yep should be fun! :)

Roo said...

Just uploaded my clown atc to album. Took me a while to think what to do but had fun in the end :-)